Can you help those with mental illness rise above their struggle?
1 in Every 5 Adults are Affected by Mental Illness
- 56% of American adults with a mental illness do not receive treatment.
- Each day an estimated 18-22 veterans die by suicide based on mental illness.
- 90% of suicide victims have an underlying mental illness.
- Adults with mental illness die an average of 25 yrs earlier, largely due to treatable conditions.
- 50% of adults battling addiction have a co-occurring mental illness, about 10 million.
- 26% of homeless adults live with a serious mental illness.
- Mental Illness doesn't care about the color of skin, religious/political affiliation or household income.